An innovative elearning program for new eyecare employees.
For employees who are new to the eyecare industry, proper onboarding and training are crucial steps to building a rewarding career. Finding the time to thoroughly onboard and train new staff, however, requires precious time and resources your practice may not have.
With the Certified Eyecare Professional (CEP) program, your practice can accelerate onboarding by providing access to 25 interactive and engaging micro-learning modules. Designed to be completed in less than 10 minutes, the modules cover topics like general administrative functions, ocular anatomy and physiology, and regulatory and compliance training. What’s more, interactive components create a fun and engaging learning experience that promotes knowledge retention.
At the end of the program, participants are tested on their overall comprehension through an online certification exam. Earning the CEP credential supports your staff’s growth and development, putting them on track to building a successful, rewarding eyecare career.
CEP is brought to you in partnership with BSM Consulting, The Association of Technical Personnel in Ophthalmology (ATPO), and The American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators (ASOA).
One low fee per employee.
“Our mission is simple, to inspire more people to fall in love with the eye and pursue a lifelong career in eyecare.”
Emily Whitley, MBABSM CONSULTING
CEP Program Features
CEP Module Descriptions
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out more about CEP or call our customer relations team at 866-220-3184 to speak with a representative.
What is CEP?
Certified Eyecare Professional (CEP) is an innovative eLearning program practices can use to accelerate employee onboarding and help staff build a successful career. Contact BSM Customer Relations to schedule your free demo.
What is included in a CEP subscription?
CEP applicants will gain access to a training pathway and certificate designed specifically for new eyecare employees. Program components include:
- 25 interactive online training courses that can be completed anywhere, anytime.
- A complete glossary of eyecare terms and images
- Online flashcards to practice their comprehension
- Additional resources, tip sheets, and worksheets reinforcing key learning concepts
- Skill assessments to test their newly acquired knowledge
- Comprehensive online certificate exam
- Certification for a three-year period and use of the CEP credential
Who is CEP for?
Whether you are in the front office, clinic, billing office, or other, CEP is designed for anyone new to the field of eyecare.
Whether you are a manager or participant, we've created a series of tools and resources to help you implement — and complete — the online program. Following are step-by-step instructions:
- Enroll the applicant in the Certified Eyecare Professional (CEP) program
- Participant and admins/trainers receive a welcome packet and login instructions
- Participants login and follow the training pathway, aiming to complete all modules within a 90-day time period
- Admins/trainers monitor progress along the way and facilitate skills assessments for required modules
- Participants complete comprehensive exam at the end of training to test overall knowledge
- Participants receive test results immediately
- Participants receive a certificate with a passing score of 80% or higher
- Participant completes 15 continuing education credits every three years to maintain certification
As an administrator or trainer, you know how important it is to stay closely connected to your new employee's onboarding and development. That's why we've created a series of reports for you to track progress along the way.
When you register an applicant, you'll receive access to the site as a trainer and can view and download various progress reports. You will also have access to view all completed skill assessments uploaded by the applicant to ensure they are meeting practice standards.
The Certified Eyecare Professional program is priced at $120 per employee.
The Certified Eyecare Professional (CEP) program was developed in partnership with BSM Consulting, the Association of Technical Personnel in Ophthalmology (ATPO), and the American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators (ASOA). All modules were developed by subject matter experts and peer reviewed for completeness and accuracy.