Committed to helping you succeed
As health care providers, the COVID-19 crisis directly impacts the safety of you, your patients, and employees. It can be very hard to assess what the "downstream effect" will be on certain aspects of the economy as well as your business.
At BSM, we are committed to helping you navigate these trying times in your practice. Our team of dedicated consultants and support staff can provide you with the strategic guidance you need to understand what's happening, and more importantly, what to focus on moving forward.
The following tools, resources, and templates have been developed by BSM Consulting to help you navigate your health care practice through the COVID-19 crisis.
Compliance Considerations for the CUrrent Pandemic
- This document is designed to provide timely considerations that may help practices re-prioritize and communicate appropriately while continuing to adhere to all relevant compliance guidelines and requirements.
Emergency Action Plan
- The emergency action plan assists you in customizing your own action plan. It is provided with the caveat that this is simply a template and your action plan may be more — or less — specific than the one provided here.
Cash Flow Forecast TOol
- Use this financial decision-making tool to help guide you in the days, weeks, and months ahead. If you have any questions or need assistance completing the analysis, contact us. We are here to help.
Managing Relations With Landlords, Lenders & Vendors
- This quick guide outlines strategy and considerations to effectively communicate with your landlords, lenders, and vendors in a time of crisis.
Employee FUrloughs and Layoffs
- BSM has developed this resource with assistance from Amanda J. Shuman, Esq. with DangerLaw, LLC, to provide our clients some basic information and considerations regarding employee furloughs and layoffs.
Employee Termination Checklist
- This checklist outlines the actions required to terminate an employee properly.
Ophthalmology Practice VOlume-Based Staffing Model
- This tool is designed to help practices assess current staffing levels based on patient volume (historic and projected). In addition, as volume increases and new services, new locations, or new providers are added, this tool can be used to forecast staffing needs.
- Faced with the ongoing challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic, many health care practices are actively seeking ways to stay connected with their patients and provide them with continued access to care without having to come into the clinic.
Telemedicine FlowCHart & FAQs
- This flowchart and FAQs provide guidance and understanding around the coding associated with the delivery of telemedicine services. Final code selection should be based on each unique patient's scenario and is at the discretion of the provider.
Telemedicine Code Matrix
- The matrix lists the Medicare-approved CPT codes that may be submitted on claims for telemedicine services. Other third-party payers may have different coverage guidance for telemedicine services and should be researched accordingly.
BSM On-Demand Webinar Series
COVID-19 has had a significant impact on all of us and will continue to influence the way business is done. As practices begin to feel some sense of normalcy, most are recognizing that long-term success will require continued flexibility and vigilance across a number of areas of their business. In our new webinar series, BSM Senior Consultants and industry experts explore some of those areas and offer practical solutions to help practices thrive rather than just survive these unprecedented times.
For many of us, despite the benefits of online programs, "webinar fatigue" has become a real phenomenon over the last few months. The combination of our pre-recorded webinars, packaged related resources, and flexible registration allows you to control not only the topics you sign up for but also the time you can set aside to listen.
- For practices to continue to thrive in the face of a pandemic, it is imperative to pivot business operations to stay competitive and ensure long-term viability. These webinars explore best practices, recommendations, and real-world examples in the areas of revenue cycle management, flow & efficiency, and staffing.
Financial & Business Planning Webinar
- If COVID-19 has taught practice leaders anything, it is that the need for financial discipline and proactive business planning is more important now than ever before to ensure long-term practice success. View this webinar for best practices for cash flow management, maintaining a healthy balance sheet, and financial forecasting.
Healthy Leadership WEbinars
- COVID-19 has challenged leaders to step up and perform in unexpected ways. For many of them, the need to jump into action, organize and execute a plan, and support evolving practice needs has become the highest and only priority. View this webinar for strategies that promote well-being for leaders, allowing you to be the best version of yourself for you and your team.